Home

Sunday, July 11, 2010

I Won Yarn!!!

We have a wonderful knitting group in the UAE. Its called U-Knitted Amiras. ('Amira' means Princess in Arabic). So I have been trying to attend the Dubai and Abu Dhabi meetings whenever I can. But never took a camera with me. Yeah!!lazy me. But will try to borrow pictures from other members and post later. So there was this World Wide Knit in Public Day event in Dubai (last month) that I attended and I won yarn in a lucky draw. Yippeeee!!!The yarn is Dubai Knits(hand dyed yarn by a member of Amiras, Jocelyn). She has an amazing collection of yarn in gorgeous colours!!! I wanted to blog about this when I had the yarn with me, so that I could post pictures. Here it is!!
Its 50% silk, 50% merino.
More news on the knitting front!!I have finished knitting my first lace shawl. Pictures after blocking.

3 comments:

nima said...

wow...lovely yarn...congrats on your win

Sandy said...

Congratulations Saritha... that yarn is beautiful, can't wait to see what you make with it.

Ninu said...

Congrats Saritha, yarn has got a beautiful colour.. what u r going to make with it?